The MediStim XP is a portable, digital, dual channel Muscle Stimulation Device incorporating a comprehensive range of programmes to aid the rehabilitaion process in the Clinic and at Home.
The MediStim XP re-educates and strengthens atrophied, weakend or immobilised muscles through Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) therapy and aids in the management of acute pain through Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS). The device works by triggering muscles to contract and relax. Joint range of motion can also be improved. The device can be used to effectively relax muscle spasms and prevent the risk of venous thrombosis after surgery. It’s easy to use with pre-set programs.
MediStim XP has efficacious applications for Physiotherapists in areas of Orthopaedics, Rheumatology and Neurology, treating:
- Disuse Atrophy
- Joint Instability
- Range of Motion deficit
- Muscle Imbalance
Kit consists of Easy-to-Use Push Button MediStim XP Controller, 4 x Adhesive Electrodes, 1 x Battery (9v), 2 x Connecting Leads, Instruction Manual and Quick Start Guide.
Common reasons for use include:
- Facial Palsy
- Quadriceps Rehabilitation
- Shoulder Rehabilitation
- Back Rehabilitation
- Muscle Rehabilitation, Toning and De-Toning of selected Muscles or Muscle groups
- Pre and Post Hip Surgery Strengthening
- Relaxation of Muscle Spasm
- Neurological Muscle Rehabilitation / Muscle Re-Education
- Acute and Chronic Arthritis
- Treatment of Post-Stroke Related Paralysis
- Maintain or Increase Range of Motion
- Prevention or Retardation of Disuse Muscle Atrophy
- Improving Local Blood Circulation
- Management of Acute or Chronic Edema
- Musculoskeletal Pain
Rental: You can now rent a MediStim XP from just £59.00 / €79.00 per month.