About Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) as seen in Kneehab XP and MediStim XP is revolutionising lives by offering non-surgical, non-medicinal, clinically proven solutions focused on aiding the restoration of normal muscle function and enhancing muscle quality. NMES delivers comfortable electrical pulses through pads placed on the surface of the skin to recruit the motor nerves. This causes the muscles to contract which helps to effectively re-educate and strengthen the muscles. NMES is commonly utilised alongside conventional medical rehabilitation and offers an excellent tool to strengthen weakened muscles, aid with muscle disuse atrophy and improve mobility.
Kneehab XP offers gentle muscle stimulation, using multipath technology to stimulate and re-educate the entire quadricep muscles and is clinically proven to radically assist in the recovery of muscle atrophy through injury or pre/post operatively. Kneehab XP offers high quality, easy to use, effective home based therapy to complement your rehabilitation programme.
The MediStim XP boasts innovative technology, offering both muscle stimulation, re-education as well as pain relief.
What Conditions can MediStim XP Treat?
- Facial Palsy
- Shoulder Rehabilitation
- Back Rehabilitation
- Wrist Rehabilitation
- Pre and Post Hip Surgery Strengthening
- General Muscle Strengthening
- Foot Drop
- Post-Stroke Rehabilitation
About Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is widely used in the Medical Community as it is a Clinically Proven, Safe and Drug Free method of Pain Relief. TENS works by sending comfortable pulses to the nerves, via the electrode pads placed on the skin and eases pain in two distinct ways:
- Pain Gate Control: MediTens XP works by gently stimulating your sensory nerves, to supress or block pain signals to the brain. When the pain pathways, which send information to the brain are blocked through small electrical impulses to the nerves, it becomes more difficult for the brain to register the pain sensation, thereby giving immediate pain relief, and resulting in your body registering the ‘tingling’ sensation of the TENS and not the Pain.
- Endorphin Release: Endorphins are the body’s own natural pain relieving hormones and are released when the body feels certain types of Pain. MediTens XP stimulates the opioid system, releasing endorphins through a comfortable tapping sensation that results in pain relief even after the unit is switched off.
It takes on average 20-40 minutes of using stimulation before these Endorphins are released and the body will continue to release Endorphins until the treatment session has stopped. The Endorphins remain in the body for several hours after the stimulation has stopped, giving residual Pain Relief
The MediTens XP machine can be used very effectively, for natural relief of chronic pain conditions as well as to assist during labour.
Submit your review